Vibia Sabina (83-136 A.D.), a relative of Trajan, was married very young to the future emperor, Hadrian. The comparison with coins, physiognomy, hairstyle and diadem allows for the portrait’s identification as the Empress Sabina.
Next archaeological tripItaly (along the Via Aemilia & Postumia)June 27th, 20152 months to go.
- The Hadrianic Baths at Aphrodisias, Caria (Turkey)
- The Labours of Hercules reliefs from the Villa Chiragan, Musée Saint-Raymond Toulouse (France)
- 7 Roman wonders from the Corinium Museum in Cirencester (UK)
- Art and sculptures from Hadrian’s Villa: The Lansdowne Antinous
- A taste of Ancient Rome – Pullum Numidicum (Numidian Chicken) and Conchicla Cum faba (Beans with Cumin)