Vibia Sabina (83-136 A.D.), a relative of Trajan, was married very young to the future emperor, Hadrian. The comparison with coins, physiognomy, hairstyle and diadem allows for the portrait’s identification as the Empress Sabina.
Next archaeological trip: Exploring SardiniaFebruary 11th, 20152 months to go.
my recent posts
- The Byzantine “Bird Mosaic” from Caesarea, Israel
- Art and sculptures from Hadrian’s Villa: Eight statues of seated Muses
- Exploring Aelia Capitolina, Hadrian’s Jerusalem
- The inscription dedicated to Hadrian from the Tel Shalem arch
- Bronze statue of Hadrian from the legionary camp at Tel Shalem (Judaea), Israel Museum
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.