Vibia Sabina (83-136 A.D.), a relative of Trajan, was married very young to the future emperor, Hadrian. The comparison with coins, physiognomy, hairstyle and diadem allows for the portrait’s identification as the Empress Sabina.
Following Hadrian in Asia MinorMarch 31st, 2015The big day is here.
my recent posts
- The Labours of Hercules reliefs from the Villa Chiragan, Musée Saint-Raymond Toulouse (France)
- 7 Roman wonders from the Corinium Museum in Cirencester (UK)
- Art and sculptures from Hadrian’s Villa: The Lansdowne Antinous
- A taste of Ancient Rome – Pullum Numidicum (Numidian Chicken) and Conchicla Cum faba (Beans with Cumin)
- Looking for Roman bridges in Sardinia
- Made it to Izmir, finally! :) (@ İzmir Adnan Menderes Airport (ADB) - @tavairports in İzmir, Türkiye) swarmapp.com/c/1S4Qu2e7ByF 18 minutes ago
- Not my final destination but at least I am in Turkey! (@ İstanbul Atatürk Airport (IST) - @tavairports) swarmapp.com/c/43sHYq3V2fR 3 hours ago
- Killing time at Munich airport before finally flying to Izmir... via Istanbul! What a journey! #followinghadrian http://t.co/lwlvy8xDg5 8 hours ago